For all those asking: CAR Motion Results
1) To direct the World Board to create a project plan for consideration at WSC 2020 to convert the service pamphlet Social Media and our Guiding Principles into a recovery IP that includes fellowship input and review.~~Pass
2) Remove from the Narcotics Anonymous World Services catalog and inventory IP 27 For The parents or Guardians of Young People in Narcotics Anonymous~~Fail
3) To direct the World Board to create a project plan for a Step Study booklet containing questions derived only from sentences in the Basic Text chapter ‘How It works’, for consideration at WSC 2020.~~Commit to the Board
4) To direct NAWS to produce and add to inventory an MP3 digital download of the Basic Text Fifth Edition in Spanish, previously in inventory on audio cassette. By conference policy, NAWS is not authorized to publish a fifth edition once a sixth edition is available. This motion would provide for a one-time waiver of the policy for Narcotics Anonymous World Services until the Spanish Sixth edition is completed.~~Fail
5) To approve an NA Service Prayer, utilizing the language that is already in the intro of the Basic Text, substituting the word write with the word serve, including it in the set of posters of the meetings for NA groups, as shown here:
“GOD, grant us knowledge that we may write serve according to Your Divine precepts. Instill in us a sense of Your purpose. Make us servants of your will and grant us a bond of selflessness that this may truly be your work, not ours, in order that no addict, anywhere, need die from the horrors of addiction.”~~Pass
6) To direct Narcotics Anonymous World Services to produce and add to inventory keytags that reflect the growth of years clean in Fellowship Worldwide; specifically, Granite for one Decade, Purple for Decades Clean and Pink for 25 Years Clean.~~Fail
7) To direct the World Board to create a Service Pamphlet (SP) that clearly and simply outlines the rights of groups to reprint Narcotics Anonymous recovery literature covered under the Fellowship Intellectual Property Trust and its bulletins.~~Fail
8) To replace the first paragraph under "What kinds of literature should we use:" in the group booklet as follows:
NA World Services produces a number of different kinds of publications. However, only NA-approved literature is appropriate for reading in Narcotics Anonymous meetings. Selections from NA- approved books and pamphlets are usually read at the beginning of an NA meeting, and some meetings use them as the core of their format. NA-approved literature represents the widest range of recovery in Narcotics Anonymous.
Replacement Paragraphs (split)
NA World Services produces a number of different kinds of publications. However, only NA-approved literature is appropriate for reading in Narcotics Anonymous meetings, and then only NA- approved edition(s) of literature that conveys a unified message as the most current edition(s). For Basic Texts, this would be the 3rd Edition Revised and newer. Older editions of our literature as well as approval drafts, while valid in history, and while they carry a message of recovery, all carry a message that in some way or ways contradict our current edition(s) of literature and are no longer in unity with the fellowship's conscience regarding our message of recovery.
Selections from NA-approved books and pamphlets are usually read at the beginning of an NA meeting, and some meetings use them as the core of their format. NA-approved literature represents the widest range of recovery in Narcotics Anonymous. It is suggested that meetings that utilize older editions of Narcotics Anonymous-approved literature acknowledge the current editions of Narcotics Anonymous-approved literature for the sake of NA unity.~~Fail
9) To direct the World Board to create a project plan for consideration at WSC 2020 to create or revise one piece of recovery literature to directly address Drug Replacement Therapy (DRT) and Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) as it relates to Narcotics Anonymous.~~Pass/amendment failed
10) Remove Bulletin #29, (WORLD SERVICE BOARD OF TRUSTEES BULLETIN #29, Regarding Methadone and Other Drug Replacement Programs) from publication and use.~~Fail
11) Remove "Narcotics Anonymous and Persons Receiving Medication Assisted Treatment" from publication and use.~~Fail
12) Assign a week each year as an NA PR week, beginning in 2019. Narcotics Anonymous World Services would establish the dates and would have information available for the whole Narcotics Anonymous fellowship a minimum of 90 days prior and also have available the possible contents of the program or the suggested agenda for such week.~~Pass
13) To authorize the World Board to define more special days, like unity day, in the yearly calendar.~~Pass
14) Fellowship Issue Discussion Topics (IDTs) will be selected based on the following process:
By August 1 following the World Service Conference (WSC), NAWS will create a section on na. org for IDT submissions. The poll should be translated via available software into as many languages as possible. Any member, group, area, region or zone will be able to add an item to the poll.
Beginning February 1 in the year before the WSC the process of voting on the poll will start. Any member, group, area, region or zone will be able to vote on the choices in the poll. The poll will close on the final day as set by the Guide to World Services (GTWS) for regional motion submissions. The top six Issue Discussion Topics in the poll will be placed in the Conference Agenda Report and voted on in old business at the World Service Conference with the top three being the Issue Discussion Topics for that next conference cycle.~~Withdrawn by maker
15) To hold a 3 day meeting of 2 representatives from each of the existing zonal forums. The meeting will be planned by NA World Services who will also cover the expenses for the meeting itself. The zonal forums or their regions will cover the cost of travel and meals for the representatives with financial assistance from NA World Services if necessary.
This meeting will occur in the 2018-2020 conference cycle.~~Fail
16) That the World Board develop a project plan, including budget and timeline, for presentation at WSC 2020 on the role of Zones, their relationship to the wider fellowship, including integrating Zonal Delegate participation into the decision making process at WSC.~~Pass
17) To approve a change in the description of World Service
Conference participants from regional delegates to zonal delegates. This change will occur over 3 conference cycles from 2018 to 2024 with the choice of representation left to the seated regions during this transition period. These three conference cycles will be used to develop details for the future. Any policies or ideas developed will be presented back to the fellowship in the CAR. Zonal delegates attending the WSC will carry a vote for all of their seated regions that are not represented by a regional delegate. No new regional seating requests will be considered during the transition.
~~Withdrawn by maker
18) That any Zonal Forum with two or more zonally seated regions or communities that are not seated at the World Service Conference, may choose to send one Zonal Delegate to the World Service Conference to represent those regions or communities.~~Pass
19) If motion 18 is not adopted then the following will not be offered.
That Zonal Delegates are voting members when in attendance at the World Service Conference. These Zonal Delegates would have one vote.~~Pass
20) If motion 18 is not adopted then the following will not be offered. Zonal Delegates are eligible to receive the same funding from NA World Services as regional delegates when attending the WSC. This funding includes travel, lodging, and meal expenses only.~~Pass
21) If motion 18 is not adopted then the following will not be offered. Alternate Zonal Delegates may attend the WSC with the same rights and limitations as is currently offered to Alternate Regional Delegates.~~Pass
22) To discontinue the WSC Conference Participants Discussion Board hosted and maintained by NA World Services ~~Fail
23) Direct the World Board to develop plans to move to a three-year conference cycle. This plan would include quarterly web meetings, longer review time for the Conference Agenda Report, and would be developed in a way to provide an opportunity to include other ideas from conference participants.~~Fail
24) In new business the World Board will have one collective vote represented by the World board chair. Each World Board member votes only in Elections and may make motions in all sessions.~~Fail
25) To authorize the World Board to investigate and pursue ways for conference participants who are unable to attend the WSC due to visa and other issues beyond their control, to engage in sessions of the WSC.